Space Center Houston is celebrating the holidays in a far out way this year. With over 250,000 lights, Christmas trees galore, a massive LED tunnel, an indoor meteor shower, and so much more, Galaxy Lights is an extraterrestrial experience for the whole family.
Check Out Galaxy Lights at Space Center Houston
If you are looking for a fun and unique way to celebrate the sights of the season this year, plan on a trip to the Space Center Houston. They are hosting a fun and exciting Christmas celebration called Galaxy Lights.
There are more than 250,000 lights in the displays, an LED light tunnel, a simulated meteor shower, Christmas trees, and more. It’s an out of this world experience for everyone in the family.
Galaxy Lights at the Space Center here in Houston will run from November 16, 2019 – January 5, 2019. Each night the program runs from 6pm – 10pm and the cost is $19.95; Member price: $15.95; Ages 3 & younger get free admission, according to the Space Center website. The center suggests that you give yourself at least two hours to experience all there is to see at Galaxy Lights this year!
Check out some of the highlights as listed on the Space Center Website for the Galaxy Lights events!
- Experience a high-tech kinetic light show where dozens of suspended lights move in precise choreographed sequences above the Main Plaza.
- Explore and learn about the technology behind advanced LED and RGB light displays at interactive learning stations where guests can change the colors of lights decorating an artificial tree.
- Catch the original film “Holidays in Space” that includes real footage of astronauts celebrating the holidays as well as interviews with retired astronauts about what it was like celebrating in space.
- The film is shown in Space Center Theater every 30 minutes from 6:15 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. and lasts 15 minutes.
- Marvel at large, 3-D holiday décor in Zero-G Diner while enjoying hot cocoa and other holiday food and beverages available for purchase.
- Snap a stellar selfie in our Earth photo station in Independence Plaza and grab a bite at a s’more pit.
- Walk beside a 30-foot Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and learn about the future of space exploration and NASA’s journey to Mars.
- Board the NASA Tram Tour to stargaze at an indoor meteor shower before traveling to NASA Johnson Space Center through an LED light tunnel of more than 250,000 lights synchronized to festive holiday music.
- See dazzling, interactive lights and 3-D projections at the Rocket Park experience, supported by Texas Children’s Hospital.
- Discover the massive Saturn V rocket telling the story of Commander Quest via 3-D light projection mapping.
Looking to call Houston home? Houston apartment recommendations:
If you are looking for a place to call home you can’t do better than Houston. Houston is a beautiful city and a great place to raise a family. There’s countless beautiful apartments you could choose but we have to make a recommendation for a superior option…The Place at Green Trails is one of our MCLife communities here in Houston and it’s great for singles, families, pets, and more!
We have no breed or sizing restrictions for pets, no hidden fees, plenty of layout choices, pricing points, and upgrades to prove it! Our apartments have features and amenities that you won’t find anywhere else. If you want to learn more or if you have questions, give us a call today! We’d love to have you join us here at MCLife!
Houston Living | Need some Houston adventures?
Now that you are here in Houston you probably need some cool adventures to get you started, right? Houston living is not all sports…there’s more to this beautiful city! Here are some adventures you can take with the whole family, the pets, and more.
Hopefully these posts will help you learn more about the city, plan out some great entertainment, and show you just how great it is to call Houston ‘home’.
- 8th Annual Houston Margarita Festival
- Apartment Living: Paint-Free Alternatives For Making Your Home Your Own
- The Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market
- Big Rivers Waterpark | Summer Fun in Houston
- Check Out The Water Lantern Festival In Houston
- Rummy’s Beach Club | Cool Off In The Dog Days Of Summer!
- Pet Etiquette 101: Turn Old Household Items Into Pet Supplies
- Relieve Your Stress With A Sledgehammer!
- Romantic Weekend Getaway in Houston
- Space Center Houston | Apollo 11 Blastoff Celebration
- Gear Up For The 14th Annual Tour De Houston!